Apple iTunes

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Boston Celtics

I know it's only December, but the Boston Celtics are one of the most impressive basketball teams I have ever watched. I watched a lot of games last year, and there was no energy. The team was dead, the crowd was silent every game and seemed completely uninterested. This year is a polar opposite. The addition of KG and Ray Allen have made the most dramatic improvement I have ever seen in my life.

I'm currently watching them play the Pistons. The game is close, but they're playing with an energy that the Pistons cannot match. The Big Three are all playing as good as they usually do, but Rajon Rondo impresses me the most. He was the biggest question mark for the team going into the year. He has performed superbly. His play tonight is especially impressive. At the half, he has 14 points and 5 assists. This is the toughest game the Celtics have played the entire year, and he's playing great. He is the real reason this offense has such a high tempo, because he's a high tempo point guard. I fully trust that he can lead the Celtics into the NBA Finals.

Now, the best record in the history of the NBA is 72-10. While I know the Celtics are good, they are not that good. They can probably get 60-65 wins. Sure, they've only lost twice so far, but they haven't played the powerhouse teams in the West. If they can defeat the Suns, Mavs, or the Spurs impressively, then I might think thye have a chance at 72-10.

No comments: